Thursday, March 26, 2020

Checking in!

We are approaching the end of the first week of the school closure. I hope you are starting to develop a routine at home and are finding a balance and rhythm that is suitable for your family.  I have three school-aged children at home and am discovering that teaching my own children at home is quite a bit different from teaching my students at school! The home environment has it's own unique challenges and distractions. It became very apparent by the end of the day on Monday, that my family needed structure so we made a rough schedule which is posted on the fridge. It includes two school work blocks each day - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. We have also mapped out time slots for exercise, games, chores, meal times (this was very necessary as everyone was eating ALL THE TIME) and of course free time/time to play. While we are only on day three of our schedule, it is getting better each day. The biggest improvement is that everyone knows what they are supposed to be doing and when.  As things evolve and change, I am sure we will need to remain flexible and adapt.  

I am eager to know what kind of interesting learning is taking place in your home?  If you have any photos of your child that you would like to share please email them to me.  Please limit it to ONE or TWO photos accompanied and a brief explanation. Be sure to put your child's first name in the subject line of the email so that I am able to keep everything straight! It is my goal to post photos on the blog tomorrow, Friday, March 27th. . This will help us to stay connected with each other and share the wonderful learning that is going on at home. Also, if you have any interesting ideas for activities that you are doing with your child, please feel free to share these with me as well.   
I look forward to hearing from everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment