Friday, January 8, 2021

Our First Week Back to Virtual School!

What a week it has been! After a rocky start with some Board-wide tecnhology difficulties on Tuesday morning, I think we are finally getting into the swing of things.  As you are all aware, remote learning will continue for two more weeks. At this point (and things could always change) the students are expected back in school on Monday, January 25th.  I am really hoping that we will all be together at St. Augustine School on that day, but if I have learned anything in this past year it is the importance of flexibility!   

I have been very impressed with the students this past week and I told them all this yesterday.  They are being courteous and trying their very best.  Students are showing up on time, dressed and ready for their school day, muting their microphones and being attentive, following my directions, participating in breakout room discussions and answering questions. It's been wonderful. I feel like we have all been on a journey of resilience together and I truly proud of this wonderful group of students and thankful for your continued parental support.  

Next week we will be starting a new unit in math on linear measurement. We will resume our weekly spelling words/activities and continue to hone our writing skills through various activities. I will also be doing some reading comprehension activities. More details will follow in an upcoming post about classroom learning goals. 


No comments:

Post a Comment