Tuesday, April 14, 2020

April 14th -April 17th

                istock Happy Easter calligraphy over blackboard background with colorful flower blossom bouquet 929742898


Hello Grade 4 Families,

Happy Easter to all of the students and their families! I trust that everyone had a restful and enjoyable Easter weekend. It was very unusual to attend virtual Easter mass this past weekend. It is not the way our family is used to worshipping but I was once again reminded that there is nothing usual about the times we are currently in! Maintaining a positive growth mindset and flexbility is of the utmost importance.  Another first for our family was that we had an Easter get together with our extended family over the internet. We had a Zoom call with 34 family members spanning 3 provinces (Ontario, New Brunswisk and Nova Scotia) and 4 countries (Canada, New Caledonia, Australia and Sudan). It was wonderful to see everyone and it was almost as good as seeing them in person.

Slides with work outlined for the students, have been added to the google slide presentation that I shared with each student last week. Each Monday, the teachers will add their learning goals and activities to the slide deck.  Students must continue to access this information in the Language Folder within their Google Drive. They should also continue to check their email accounts for messages and updates. 

As we are in week #4 of distance learning, students should have already been accessing their Drive via the ocsb.ca Student Portal. If you need a quick refresher about how to access their Drive on the Student Portal, here is a handy instructional sheet that one of our teacher's made which you may find useful:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jP30NzeFLso44T__Qf2EHIuj0ZZMrVAr/view

Each Wednesday we will have a Grade 4 Google Meet/Hangout.  Students receieved an email invitiation from me which I sent to their student email account for this coming April 15th at 10:00 a.m. This week's hangout will be the whole class but the following Wednesday (April 22nd), I will be dividing the class into a few smaller groups and having several smaller hangouts that will be approximately 15 minutes in length each. It is very important that all students continue to check their Drive and the classroom blog for learning goal updates.

I will continue to be available each morning up until noon, to answer any questions or concerns. I look forward to seeing the work the students do at home and providing my feedback. Also, please continue to send photos to me as it is wonderful way to share what the grade 4 students are up to!

I can be reached at: ruth.stratford@ocsb.ca

Cheers,

Ruth Stratford

1 comment:

  1. Ruth, it is your brother, and I have been sleeping better. Your recent post is well written and clear. I like your self emojie! Are u the only one that can read this? I was going to say a few other things but..... 🤔✌🏋️‍♂️ have a good day and say hi to Mike and the kids for me

    ReplyDelete